Monday 16 March 2009

Pizt Top 15 Albums Nigel Leitch


1. Placebo - Placebo: Nothing more to say really - just a great introduction to a great band - and I've seen them live.

2. Leonard Cohen - Songs Of Leonard Cohen - A beautiful album - I've seen him live

3. Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska - A poignant album whilst Springsteen was allegedly suffering from depression - it is stark and beautiful.

4. Turbonegro - Party Animals - The worlds greatest Rock 'n' Roll band, if anyone wants to know what attitude is, look no further, they are fun, nuts and simply just pure awesomeness, I've seen them live.

5. The Cult - Electric - All the songs explode out of this album, it's everything that was good about Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Doors all rolled into one pummeling piece of love.

6. Pulp - Different Class - When everyone realised the true genius of Jarvis Cocker just an album packed with great songs.

7. Tom Waits - Raindogs - This album cost me about two dollars in the bargain bin, it is brilliantly written and Wait's voice is superb.

8. The Darkness - Permission To Land - Anyone that isn't scared to wear a catsuit is a friend of mine
just a superb album - don't believe the hype.

9. The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request - It could have been any album from this era, but the Stones are the ultimate rock band, just look at Keith Richards, enough said really.

10. Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - people can say whatever they like about Rap, if they are dissing it - thay have never heard this album.

11. The Ramones - It's Alive - A burst of pure and raw energy, guaranteed to make you dance and smash shit.

12. Sex Pistols - Never mind The Bollocks - Raw Power and Attitude, one of the greatest albums of all time.

13. MC5 - Kick Out The Jams - Just for the title song alone, this has to be one of the most profound albums.

14. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon COllie and The Infinite Sadness - It's a double album and it's dangerous and beautiful all the way through, and Billy Corgan is a c*nt.

15. The Jesus And Mary Chain - Psychocandy - the most underrated band in the world - I've seen them live and to me it was a religious experience

15. (yes I have two 15's) Brainiac - Smack Bunny Baby - If the lead singer had not died, Brainiac would have become the biggest band ever, their output was staggering and because of a tree, their career ended, I love this band.

.
Updated on Saturday · Comment · LikeUnlike · Report Note
You like this.

Reavsey Reavey at 14:39 on 14 March
Aha just stumbled accross your choice....Nice one....
Nigel Leitch at 14:41 on 14 March
thanks :D

Please note that i mentioned all the bands i had seen live :D

Cept Turbonegro of course
I was just gonna put albums by bands i had seen live
Just to brag :D
David Vernon at 15:20 on 14 March
Good list Nige. I shall concoct my own very soon.
Nigel Leitch at 15:24 on 14 March
i hope so :D
Nicola Johnson at 15:59 on 14 March
good choices :)
Reavsey Reavey at 23:50 on 14 March
Nice eclectic mix...No Marcus MIT C?...I thought you were also into Ass big time or was that big Ass's ;o)
Rio Fraser at 02:04 on 15 March
MC5-nice shout! I feel a bit less then. I blame it on sleep deprivation. I can add them to my ever growing list of forgotten albums
Andy Fraser at 18:08 on 15 March
Nice choices....I didn't realise you rated Jarvis. Great album though.
I bet your fingers were wavering over the N-I-C-K-E-L-B-A-C-K keys...but you resisted
Phil Dillon at 22:44 on 15 March
Good call on the Public Enemy front. It was real then. Now that genre requires a nation of millions to hold its coat.

And Stumbeleine is a special thing indeed.

Will mail meerkat.
Andy Fraser at 11:50 on 16 March
I wonder if there is a band called The Stumbles???
Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment