Monday, 16 March 2009
Pizt Top 15 Albums Part 2
Fifteen Albums just weren't enough for me - so stealing Rio's idea, here is my part 2.
1. Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Hair , Rock, Future Goodness
2. Moby - Animal Rights - Moby mixes classical with thrash and also covers one of the finest songs of all time - "That's When I Reach For My Revolver"
3. The Saints - (I'm) Stranded - Australian punk goodness, feel the rush - this album kicks arse.
4. Wreckless Eric - Wreckless Eric - contains one of the greatest punk ballads ever from the mighty Stiff label.
5. Suicide - Suicide - probably the single greatest album ever released by anyone - if you have a heart it will be torn apart by this album - "Frankie Teardrop" still scares shit out of me and i've heard it about 200 times.
6. Velvet Underground and Nico, The Velvet Underground - It's Lou Reed and it's the perfect album for the era.
7. Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin - who is this woman? she sings so nicely :D
8. Run-DMC - Raising Hell - just listen to it - you'll understand.
9. The Replacements - Tim - It's beautiful, The Replacements aren't recognised enough for their Greatness.
10. Ministry - Psalm 69 ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ - Jesus built Al's hotrod and he hates George Bush, that's enough motivwation to listen to this monster of an album.
11. Einstürzende Neubauten - Silence Is Sexy - Industrial at it's finest and most beautiful.
12. IAMX - The Alternative - This album is brilliant and I have heard nothing by Chris Corner that I do not like.
13. Dog's D'Amour - Straight (Errol Flynn) - A band with the right idea - go into a recording studio, get drunk, plug in - record.
14. Terence Trent D'Arby - Introducing The Hard Line According To.. - This album is one of the most perfect albums ever made by anyone - sadly Terence loved himself more than everyone else did.
15. The Vines - Highly Evolved - fronted by the Asperger's syndrome suffering genius Craig Nicholls, this album packs am ighty wallop and has a soft side too, one of a long line of brilliant albums from Mr. Nicholls.